Friday, October 10, 2008

Season of mists...


"Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness."

So begins John Keats' poem "To Autumn." It's one of my favorite poems, and perhaps my favorite line of poetry. Mists and mellow fruitfulness. A college English professor I once had taught us about this poem, and he read the first line over and over again, emphasizing the m, s, and u sounds. The lines themselves just sound like autumn: full u's, crisp s's, round m's. I love the connotations - even just in the word selection - that autumn is cool and full. Try saying the line aloud a few times. Savor it, like a juicy apple.

On that note, we want to welcome you to our second annual Art of the Harvest. Join us as we make merry with pumpkin carving, mulling spice blending, hot cider and fresh baked pumpkin pie! We’ll also be joined by some of our favorite musicians and performers as they share stories and songs inspired by this stunning season!

Bring a pumpkin from your favorite patch or we’ll have pumpkins on hand for purchase ($5).

What: Third Thursdays w/Wild Goose Creative
When: Thursday, October 16th at 8 p.m.
Where: OUR NEW SPACE! 2491 Summit Street, Columbus, OH 43202
Suggested Donation: $5

And to end with my second favorite autumn quote:
"Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns."
- George Eliot

No comments: